Blending innovation with patient comfort, the i-CAT Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System produces immediate three-dimensional images of patients’ critical anatomy, typically in under one minute. The i-CAT provides complete views of all oral and maxillofacial structures in an easy to use, cost effective, in-office system that allows dental specialists to dramatically enhance their patient care in a variety of ways.
- One 20 second scan provides 3-D data for improved patient diagnosis.
- The patient is seated in an open environment.
- Significantly less radiation than a medical CT scan.
- Lower cost to the patient than a medical CT scan.
- No hospital appointment for the patient.
- Doctors can easily share the 3-D data using free i-CAT Vision viewing software.
The i-CAT Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System provides high-definition, in-office, three-dimensional imaging at a reduced cost and less radiation to the patient than traditional CT scans, as well as delivers quicker and easier image acquisition. 3-D imaging is rapidly replacing traditional two-dimensional radiography in dentistry because it offers high resolution three dimensional views of critical dental anatomy such as impacted 3rd molars and potential dental implant sites and their proximity to such vital structures as the nasal cavity, sinus walls and critical bone borders.